York Chocolate Festival 2022
York Chocolate Festival is back for 2022, celebrating York’s chocolate and confectionery heritage.
- Parliament Street Market – More than 40 stands featuring specialist origin chocolates, truffles, eggs, and other chocolate creations. Alongside chocolate specialists will be cakes, brownies, macarons, and other baked items. More stands selling confectionary will be joined by chocolate flavoured drinks, liqueurs, and other sweet treats.
- Festival Bar – Alongside the market is the innovative York Chocolate Festival Bar. This collaboration features The Yorkshire Explorer who will have a range of dessert cocktails to enjoy as well as their range of spirits featuring Chocolate Gins. Also in attendance will be Zzinga who will be showcasing their unique Honey Cider in unusual and inspiring ways! The Bar includes seating to allow visitors to enjoy hot snacks like churros & chocolate and sweet crepes available in the market.
- Hands-on Chocolate Making – Every day there’ll be the opportunity to have a go at making your own Easter Egg as York Cocoa Works will be joining us on Parliament Street running their unique and welcoming workshops. To buy tickets (for the workshops and other items at the festival) follow the links in the program.
- Eat and Walk – Discover sweet samples from retailers and other artisan producers across the city. The Chocolate Sampling trail will introduce you to some of York’s sweetest highlights, with a small treat to enjoy at each of roughly a dozen stops for only £3 per person. There’s limited availability so don’t hesitate to get your place reserved.
- Demonstration Area – The demonstration area will feature some of York & Yorkshire’s most talented chefs and chocolatiers at work.
- Ashley McCarthy, from Channel 4’s ‘Extreme Chocolate Makers’ will be at the festival to showcase one of his extraordinary creations…with a York twist of course! Ashley will be demonstrating how to make a bit of his sculpture day by day, while you can view the finished creation nearby.
In addition to the regular demos there will be comparative tastings of single-origin chocolates and for adults, chocolate pairing events like chocolate & wine and chocolate & whisky matchings.
Location – Parliament Street, York
Dates – Thursday 14th to Monday 18th April
Times – 10am to 5pm
Price – Free entry to the festival, with some ticketed events