Little Vikings was founded and is run by a York family with three young children who know the city inside-out. Our recommendations are based on our own experience and in-depth knowledge of York and fueled by a passion to help families make the most of the time they have with their kids in our lovely city. With our print magazine, website, weekly newsletter and popular social media channels – as well as the high profile events we take part in – we’re the only organisation that reaches tens of thousands of highly targeted parents of 0-11 year olds living in and visiting York using traditional and digital media. Parents are always looking for new ideas for things to do and places to go with their children, and it’s our pleasure to give them ideas based on our own experiences and insider knowledge. We don’t list; we curate.
The Little Vikings stable comprises:
– Print magazine: A free, high quality, A5 publication that reaches over 30,000 highly targeted readers six times a year to coincide with the school holidays. It’s distributed very carefully through primary schools, nurseries, shops, cafes, attractions and other hand-picked places in York and the surrounding areas that we know are popular with parents.
– Website: User-friendly, current, informative and entertaining, the Little Vikings website is the go-to place for parents living in and visiting York
– Little Vikings Club: A business club for family-friendly businesses in and around York, giving members great access to our large, targeted audience.
– Little Vikings Awards: Launched in 2015, the Little Vikings Awards champion the best of York for kids, from places to play to days out, places to eat, birthday party providers and more. Nominations are taken from September and winners are announced in January. Winners are chosen by public vote.
– Weekly digital newsletter: Ideas for things to do at the weekend, our latest reviews and insider info are sent out each Thursday.
– Events: We are delighted to run free kids’ activities at prestigious York events such as the York Food and Drink Festival and York Balloon Fiesta. We also launched the York Easter Family Festival with Visit York in 2016.
– Influential social media channels: Our readers love to see what we’re up to with our own three young children, so they like to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The Little Vikings stable comprises:
A few other things…
- We offer consulting services. If you’re looking for advice on how to attract families to your business, please get in touch.
- We offer a secret shopper service. If you’d like us to visit your business and let you know what we thought of our experience, contact us for more details.
- All our reviews are entirely genuine and independent. We will only write about the things we’ve enjoyed, regardless of whether a business has advertised with us or not. If you’d like us to come along and try something, get in touch and we’ll have a chat about it.
- We won’t write negative reviews because we don’t want to damage other businesses. If we haven’t enjoyed something for any reason, we just won’t write about it.
- We don’t do listings. Our content is carefully curated to save our readers time and energy sifting through information that’s not interesting or relevant to them.
- If you’d like to advertise with us, please get in touch for our media pack (email@example.com). It’s the best way to get your message across to thousands of families living in and visiting York, online and in print. We offer generous discounts to sole traders as we want to support small businesses like ours. We take advertising in our magazine, on our website and in our newsletter.
- To keep up-to-date with the very best of York for kids, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@LittleVikingsUK) and Instagram.