Little Vikings is a print and online magazine with one mission: to handpick the very best of York for kids for our readers.
Little Vikings was founded and is run by a York family with three young children who know the city inside-out. Our recommendations are based on our own experience and in-depth knowledge of York and fueled by a passion to help families make the most of the time they have with their kids in our lovely city. With our print magazine, website, weekly newsletter and popular social media channels – as well as the high profile events we take part in – we’re the only organisation that reaches tens of thousands of highly targeted parents of 0-11 year olds living in and visiting York using traditional and digital media.
The Little Vikings magazine
- The free, high quality Little Vikings magazine is read by the parents and carers of 0 to 11 year olds living in and visiting York. They’re looking for new ideas for things to do and places to go with their children, and it’s our pleasure to give them ideas based on our own experiences and insider knowledge. We don’t list; we curate.
- We print 90,000 magazines a year, across six entertaining and inspiring issues which cover each of the school holidays (summer, October half term, Christmas, February half term, Easter and May half term).
- Each issue reaches an estimated readership of over 30,000 (it’s available online as well as in print).
- The magazine is distributed very carefully to get into the right hands. You’ll find it in all York primary schools, many nurseries and children’s centres, libraries, transport hubs, attractions and handpicked shops, restaurants and cafes as well as the Visit York Information Centre. We have a very high pick-up rate, often averaging between 90 and 100% in the first couple of weeks of distribution.
- Little Vikings was highly commended in the O2 Media Awards 2015 (the ‘Oscars of regional journalism’, apparently) in two categories – Specialist Publication of the Year and Team of the Year – and again in 2016.
A few other things…
- We offer consulting services. If you’re looking for advice on how to attract families to your business, please get in touch.
- We offer a secret shopper service. If you’d like us to visit your business and let you know what we thought of our experience, contact us for more details.
- All our reviews are entirely genuine and independent. We will only write about the things we’ve enjoyed, regardless of whether a business has advertised with us or not. If you’d like us to come along and try something, get in touch and we’ll have a chat about it.
- We won’t write negative reviews because we don’t want to damage other businesses. If we haven’t enjoyed something for any reason, we just won’t write about it.
- We don’t do listings. Our content is carefully curated to save our readers time and energy sifting through information that’s not interesting or relevant to them.
- If you’d like to advertise with us, please get in touch for our media pack (firstname.lastname@example.org). It’s the best way to get your message across to thousands of families living in and visiting York, online and in print. We offer generous discounts to sole traders as we want to support small businesses like ours. We take advertising in our magazine, on our website and in our newsletter.
- To keep up-to-date with the very best of York for kids, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@LittleVikingsUK).