Robots and miniature railways at the Railway Museum
Your mini engineers will love the half-term activities at the Railway Museum. From robots to miniature railways, there are lots of ways to have a fun-filled day as we explore the theme of controlling railways to keep them safe and punctual. We’re open daily from 19–27 February 2022 for a fun-filled half term with free museum entry. Come along and try…
– The Marble Run, where you’ll think like an engineer and experiment with forces, materials and shapes to build your own run using recycled materials. Just drop in.
– Challenge yourself in Robot Railways by designing your own digital railway using colour as code to guide your robot. Just drop in.
– See the historic Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Signalling School in action with demonstrations throughout Saturday 19 February by our brilliant volunteers. Originally used to teach apprentices, it will now show your little ones how railway signals work.
– Climb aboard our fantastic Miniature Railway ride to experience the railways in small scale. Ever-popular, we recommend booking your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
23 February 2022, 11.00–15.00
Take part in a day of activities all about the role of rail engineers and the innovative ideas and technologies that will shape the future of railways on Wonder Wednesday:
- Meet staff from Network Rail, Amey UK and Atkins Ltd at the Engineering Hub to find out what they get up to at work and try their hands-on activities
- Got more engineering questions? Ask an Engineer from the rail industry—drop in at 11.15, 12.15, 13.15 and 14.15
- More information
- DATE: 19–27 February 2022
- TIME: 10.00–17.00
- LOCATION: Across the museum