Superworm trail at Dalby Forest
Superworm – the wonderful, flexible and incredibly helpful Julia Donaldson character – has arrived at Dalby Forest! Spot the characters along the route and do some fun activities along the way (making sure you’ve purchased your trail pack from the Visitor Centre first!). It’s available every day when the forest is open. Find out more about the Superworm Trail here.
– It’s an easy trail for all ages (although it’s officially recommended for children aged 3 to 9).
– The route is 2km long, on surfaced ground that is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs (weather permitting, presumably)
– The route begins at Adderstone Field, which is deep in the forest. You will need to buy your trail activity pack from the Visitor Centre and then drive up and park at the World Cup Car Park near Adderstone Field.
– The trail should take around an hour to complete, depending on your walking speed and how much time you spend on the activities
– To get the most out of the Superworm Trail, we’d recommend buying the activity pack from the Dalby Forest Visitor Centre (£3.50 per pack).
Dalby Visitor Centre, Low Dalby, Thornton-Le-Dale, Pickering YO18 7LT – Open daily except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day – Visitor centre hours vary according to season