Take a trip on one of the world’s greatest railway experiences, the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Railway Conservation. Run by Volunteers. Not for Profit. It really is one of the most unique experiences in Yorkshire, making it one of our top recommendations for a memorable family day out in the North York Moors.
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway is one of the world’s greatest heritage railway experiences with thrills and family fun at its heart. Climb on board a steam or heritage diesel train and experience 24 miles of Yorkshire’s amazing scenery at this must-see visitor attraction.
Explore the Railway
• Pickering Station is a must-see 1930s themed station.
• See stunning scenery and wildlife in the North York Moors National Park.
• Visit Goathland, which became Hogsmeade Station in the first Harry Potter film.
• Explore Grosmont Station, home to the operating and engineering world of the NYMR.
• Visit Whitby with its narrow streets, bustling harbour and the ruins of Whitby Abbey.
Fares from Adult £41, Child £20.50, Pickering to Whitby Return. Shorter journeys available, please see website for further details nymr.co.uk
Fuss-free access means that all of the carriage sets in service on the full length of the line, contain one vehicle that has been specially adapted to ease access for everyone with mobility problems and accommodate them with their friends and family.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.