Another 'recipe' that's as much a fun activity as anything else - get the kids to top their own - and it has the added bonus of getting some fruit into everyone. Get creative with your toppings and use whatever you've got in the fruit bowl/freezer, from chopped up apple and kiwi to raspberries, pomegranate or blackberries. You could drizzle it with honey, maple syrup or even some melted chocolate if you like.
- One watermelon, cut into rounds (as many as you think you will use)
- Yoghurt of your choice - if using natural, mix with a little bit of honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- Berries of your choice
- Mint to garnish if you like
1. Slice the watermelon into rounds.
2. Spread with as much yoghurt as you like for the topping
3. Top with berries and garnish and cut into slices
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.