These little egg parcels are really easy to make and packed with goodness. It's also a great way to use any veg you've got hanging about in the fridge, so feel free to experiment.
- 4 eggs
- Oil for greasing
- 50g cheddar cheese
- Handful of veg of your choice. We like a few leaves of chopped spinach, some diced red pepper and sweetcorn but use what you like.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and oil a 12 hole muffin/Yorkshire pudding tin (or use individual muffin moulds).
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs well.
3. Stir the chopped/sliced veggies into the egg mixture
4. Add half the cheddar cheese, saving the rest for later. Mix well.
5. Pour the mixture evenly into the tin and scatter the remaining cheese over the top.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove when golden on top and cooked through. Leave to cool for a minute, then pop out and enjoy. Can be eaten cold, too.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.