Mmmmm, s’mores! Bonfire night might not be the same this year, but with just three ingredients you can make a whole batch of tasty treats to cheer everyone up. We’ve tried a couple of methods and this is the one we like best - the marshmallows get nice and gooey and have that cosy toasted flavour and the biscuits don’t burn! Play around with the ingredients - we’ve tried them with chocolate spread and sliced banana, for example, which went down really well. They’re not just for bonfire night either - this is an easy recipe for any time of year when you want to get that cosy campfire vibe going.
- 2 x digestive biscuit per s’more (feel free to use different biscuits if you like)
- Marshmallows (one or two per s’more, depending on how gooey you’d like it)
- Chocolate spread or Nutella
1. Pre-heat your grill to a high setting.
2. Take two biscuits per s’more and spread each of them with chocolate spread or Nutella on one side.
3. Set one biscuit per pair to one side (these will be the tops) and put the other on the grill tray (these will be the bottoms). The marshmallow(s) will be sandwiched in the middle.
4. Put one or two marshmallows onto each of the biscuits on the grill tray. Place under the grill for two to three minutes until starting to soften and brown nicely on top.
5. Top each of the marshmallow biscuits with the other biscuit and squash down. Eat straight away - but beware molten marshmallow!
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.