These cookies are delicious and easy to put together, and they're flour-free too. With plenty of protein from the peanut butter, we can try to convince ourselves that they're healthy too!
- 225g smooth peanut butter
- 85g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- A couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 75g chocolate chips (we used milk, but use what you like)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a bowl - with a mixer or a wooden spoon - beat the peanut butter, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt until smooth.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
4. Use a dessert or soup spoon to scoop out spoonfuls of dough. Shape lightly with your hands and place on the lined tins, leaving space between them.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes but keep an eye on them. They will look darker but still feel suspiciously soft. Leave to cool on the tray - if you try to move them too early, they'll break!
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.