Need a pudding in a hurry? Look no further! This simple sponge pudding can be on the table in five minutes, thanks to a bit of microwave magic. This recipe serves four modestly - add ice cream for maximum joy.
- 50g unsalted butter. softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g self-raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- A couple of drops of vanilla essence
1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together (mix well with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy).
2. Add the egg bit by bit, then the milk, until smooth and well mixed (use a whisk to bring it together if you like). Add the flour and mix until combined.
3. Take a microwave-proof bowl (a pudding dish would be ideal but we just used an old glass one) and spread the golden syrup over the bottom. Pour the mixture on top and flatten out.
4. Cook in the microwave on full power (1000 watt) for three minutes. Don't forget to use oven gloves to take it out again!
5. Serve with ice cream.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.