If you want a pudding in a hurry, this microwave brownie is a great option and it's super-fast. Feel free to play with the flavours - it would be great with orange, for example, if you're not in a peanut butter mood. Serve it warm with ice cream for maximum indulgence. This recipe makes six medium brownies.
- 75g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g peanut butter
- 20g cocoa powder
- 50g flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
1. Grease the microwave-proof dish that you're going to use (we used a rectangular glass one) with butter. If you don't grease it well enough, it'll be hard to get out.
2. Put the peanut butter and butter into a microwave-proof bowl and melt on high for 30 seconds in the microwave.
3. Stir well, then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
4. Spoon the mixture into your greased dish and smooth flat so it reaches the edges. We added six squares of chocolate just for fun (see pictures), but it's up to you.
5. Put it in the microwave on high for three minutes. Remove, then leave to one side to firm up for 10 minutes. Eat warm with cream/ice cream/whateve you like.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.