Transform a packet of chocolate buttons into a box of biscuits for everyone to enjoy. This is a very easy recipe that kids can help with as they joy of them is that they’re rough around the edges. They’re particularly good just out of the oven with a cup of tea (or glass of milk).
- 100g plain flour
- 90g caster sugar
- 50g very soft butter, unsalted
- 35g cocoa powder
- 40g chocolate buttons/choc chips/broken up milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/160 fan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar and yoghurt until well mixed, smooth and light. You can use an electric mixer to make this easier.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until combined.
4. On a lined tray, put spoonfuls of mixture, making sure there’s space between them (you should get about 16 out of this mixture). They’re likely to look rough and ready, but that’s their charm.
5. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until fairly firm on top but not crisp - you want them to have some chew. Cool on the tray for five minutes, then move to a wire rack.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.