Here’s a treat for you, courtesy of our good friends at The Dark Horse Espresso (one of our favourite places in York for coffee - catch them in Shambles Market when life gets back to normal). There’s nothing not to love about this combination o Mars Bars, Rice Krispies and chocolate (possibly except for the inevitable sugar rush after eating one).
- 100g butter
- 4 Mars Bars, chopped
- 1 and a half tablespoons golden syrup
- 150g Rice Krispies
- 350g milk chocolate
1. Gently melt the Mars Bars, golden syrup and butter in a large pan.
2. Add the Rice Krispies and mix well.
3. Pour into a lined baking tray and press down firmly.
4. Melt the chocolate gently in a separate bowl, either carefully in a microwave or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Pour the chocolate over the mixture in the tin.
5. Let it set in the fridge, then cut into slices
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.