What this easy traybake lacks in nutritional value, it makes up for in the comfort stakes. There's no getting away from the fact that these are SWEET (so sweet, in fact, that we cut them into smaller slices than usual to reduce the sugar rush). Swap out the white chocolate topping for milk chocolate if you like.
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 125g milk chocolate, broken up
- 175g bag of Maltesers
- 2 x 100g bars of white chocolate for the topping
1. Line a square traybake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the biscuits in a bowl and bash them with a rolling pin until they're broken into crumbs (leave some big bits in too if you like.
3. Bash the Maltesers in their bag three times so they're broken up but not in tiny pieces.
4. In a large pan, melt the butter, golden syrup and milk chocolate.
5. Add the biscuits and Maltesers to the pan and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, push to the edges and flatten out.
7. Melt the white chocolate gently for the topping (we gave it a minute in the microwave), then pour on top. Grate a little extra milk chocolate on top if you like, then put in the fridge to set for a few hours. Cut into slices and enjoy.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.