This refreshing recipe is perfect for summer: zesty and delicious, you'll feel like you're abroad from the first spoonful! Many thanks to our friends at The Cookery School at The Grand, York for giving us their recipe to share.
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 170g caster sugar
- 500ml double cream
1. Put four glasses/ramekins in the fridge to chill.
2. In a saucepan add the double cream and lemon zest, bring to the boil and then add the sugar.
3. Turn the heat down and simmer for 3-4 minutes, making sure no cream catches on the side of the pan.
4. Add the lemon juice to the cream and bring it back to the boil, then take off the heat.
5. Pour the mixture into the chilled glasses and chill for 3-4 hours before serving.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.