It's exciting for kids to make something that's waiting for them to eat the next morning. Our children like personalising theirs with their favourite fruit/nuts/whatever they can find in the cupboard.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats per jar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of milk (any kind)
- Handful of fruit of your choice, eg. berries (frozen is fine), grated apple, raisins
1. Put the oats into a clean jar.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and mix.
3. Add the fruit.
4. Pour over the milk and drizzle honey on top.
5. Put the lid on the jar and shake, then leave in the fridge until the morning.
6. In the morning, remove from the fridge and add a little extra milk and some more fruit if you like.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.