If there's one recipe every Yorkshire child needs to perfect, it's the Yorkshire pudding! They're so simple to make and satisfying to eat any day of the week - don't save them for Sundays! Whether you’re aiming to make a full batch of individual Yorkshire puddings or a giant single one ready to fill, your ingredients and method remain pretty much the same. Thanks to Visit York for providing this recipe.
- 175g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 280ml milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Start by preheating your oven to 220C°. This will need to be turned down to 190C° when the Yorkshire puddings go in, but it needs to be extra-hot first.
2. Sieve your flour into a bowl before cracking in your eggs and adding your salt and pepper.
3. Beat your eggs together and slowly fold in your flour before adding milk to make a smooth batter.
4. Now the oven is hot enough, add your oil to your roasting tin to pre-heat it. Once it is smoking hot, add the mixture into your roasting tin (one large roasting tin for a single Yorkshire pudding or a muffin tray for individuals).
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until they rise, ending up nice and crispy.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.