This is the sort of recipe we love because you can have a fresh batch of biscuits in under 25 minutes. A cross between a flapjack and a ginger nut, these are nice and substantial but couldn't be easier to make. This recipe makes 12.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170c/150 fan/gas 3.
2. In a large pan, gently melt the butter, sugar and syrup until melted. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan and mix well. If the mixture is too dry, add a splash of milk.
4. Break into small balls then place on the baking tray, flattening slightly and leaving space between them.
5. Bake for between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on your oven and how soft/crunchy you'd like them (as you'll see, we slightly overcooked them!).
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.