Chocolate and orange? In a biscuit? Yes please! Very easy to make and far too easy to eat, these are a favourite of our kids. I think dark chocolate works best, but our kids insist on using milk: either way, you can't go wrong. Makes around 20 biscuits, depending on size.
- 225g plain flour
- 125g softened butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g chocolate drops/broken up milk or dark chocolate
- Zest of one large orange
- Juice from half of the orange
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and caster sugar together (beat with a wooden spoon until light, smooth and slightly fluffy).
3. Add the flour bit by bit, then add the remaining ingredients until it forms a dough.
4. Roll out on a floured surface and cut the biscuits into circles. Place on a lined baking tray (you will probably need two), leaving space between them as they will spread. Sprinkle the tops with a little bit of sugar.
5. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden but not brown. Cool on the tray for a few minutes, then put onto a wire rack to cool completely.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.