These crispy cakes are a classic for birthdays or any other days, really. There are lots of variations - with Rice Krispies or real chocolate - but there’s something pleasingly chewy about this version. Makes 12.
- 120g cornflakes
- 120g butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 60 mls golden syrup
1. Put 12 cupcake cases in a tin
2. In a large pan, melt everything except the cornflakes over a gentle heat.
3. Take off the heat and add the cornflakes bit by bit, stirring to make sure they’re all coated in the syrup.
4. Fill the cupcake cases and put them in the fridge to set.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.