These cheesey biscuits are very easy to knock together and kids love cutting them into fun shapes. Ideal as a savoury option for picnics or just a snack at home, the only problem is that they disappear incredibly quickly. This recipe makes around 20.
- 175g cheddar, grated
- 50g soft unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/160c/gas 4/350f.
2. Put everything in a food mixer/processor and whizz until it comes together as a soft dough, You could do this by hand but you'll need a lot of elbow grease! Bring it into a ball and put in the fridge for 10 minutes.
3. Roll the dough out to about a centimetre and cut into shapes. Put onto a lined baking tray.
4. Bake for around 15 minutes, until slightly risen and golden. Cool on a tray (but they're nice warm too!).
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.