Here's a recipe that the Easter bunny would definitely approve of: a delicious cookie with added carrot! They're soft and delicious and - aside from a bit of grating- a doddle to make. It's a good way to use up the last sad-looking carrots in the bottom of the bag, too.
- 200g carrot (finely grated)
- 125g butter, softened
- 140g light brown sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 75g oats
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or mixed spice
- A few drops vanilla extract
- A handful of raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl, either by hand with a wooden spoon or with an electric mixer. Beat until it's light and fairly fluffy.
3. Add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix well until it all comes together.
4. Use a spoon to put golfball-sized dollops of mixture onto the trays, leaving enough space between them so that they can grow in the oven.
5. Bake for around 15 minutes (check from 12 minutes) and take out once golden and looking cooked on top. Leave them to cool for a few minutes before moving onto a cooling rach.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.