More of a simple sorbet than an ice cream, this is really fast to make (apart from the freezing time) and it’s a lot healthier than a Mr Whippy! Our kids enjoy making it and then decorating them with sprinkles (just to make sure that they aren’t too healthy). You can play around with using different fruit - we just used what we had in the fruit bowl and freezer.
- 4 medium bananas, ripe enough to taste of bananas!
- 150g frozen raspberries (or use fresh, or use any other berries you have)
- Anything you’d like to decorate it
1. Put the ingredients in a blender/food processor and whizz up until completely smooth (or use a hand-held blender).
2. Put the mixture into a freezer-proof bowl or container and put in the container to freeze. The time this will take depends on whether you used frozen or fresh fruit.
3. Take out of the freezer 10 minutes or so before you’d like it. Serve and decorate as you like.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.