This dairy-free banana cake is a staple in our house: a doddle to make with the kids and a great, unfussy to have on standby for when the kids complain about being hungry (again). There's It's a good way to use up old bananas too.
- 3 bananas, the riper the better (mashed)
- 80g light brown sugar
- 75g unflavored oil (eg sunflower, veg)
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A handful of dried fruit (eg. dates) if you like
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/180 fan/gas 6
2. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients and stir well until mixed.
3. Pour into a cake tin lined with greaseproof paper - we use a 23cm springform cake tin so it pops out easily.
4. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until golden on top and springy to touch. Cool in tin for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.