Is it a breakfast cake? Or a warm flapjack? We're not sure, but whatever it is, we like it! This recipe is a doddle to make if you have a blender, and it goes down really well with all of our kids. A healthy, tasty start to the day. Adapt as you like depending on what fruit you have hanging around.
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana
- 100g berries (we used frozen blueberries and raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- Drop vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Oil to grease
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180c/160c/gas mark 4. Grease a medium tin (we used a round baking tin) and line with greaseproof paper if you like.
2. Blend the oats together until smooth (they'll turn into a flour very quickly).
3. Add all of the ingredients except the berries to the oats, and blend until it forms a smooth batter. Add the berries and stir.
4. Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes. It's ready when it's golden on top and starting to come away from the sides. Cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve. It's nice with a dollop of yoghurt!
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.