Who doesn't love muffins? Packed with fruit and oats, these are low on guilt, too. Feel free to use a mixture of white and wholemeal flour to make them even healthier.
- 300g plain flour (use a mixture of white and wholemeal if you like)
- 100g light brown sugar (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
- 50g oats
- 2 apples, grated
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 200ml milk
- 50g natural yoghurt
- 60ml vegetable/sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/180 fan/gas 6 and line a muffin tin with
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together and then add all the wet ingredients. Mix until it's all combined but don't overmix or it'll be too tough.
3. Sprinkle the oats and a little brown sugar on the top of each for a crunchy topping.
4. Fill the muffin cases equally - you should get 12 muffins from this recipe.
5. Bake for around 20 minutes until golden and risen. Cool on a wire rack.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.