This fun no-bake recipe is a twist on the classic Rice Krispie cake, with a hint of Snickers about it. It's quick to put together but does require a bit of patience while you wait for it to set - don't rush it or they'll crumble!
- 100g Rice Krispies
- 150g peanut butter (smooth, not crunchy!)
- 90ml runny honey
- 220g milk chocolate (or you could use dark or a mixture of both)
- Little pinch of salt (optional, but offsets the sweetness nicely)
1. Line a tray with a greaseproof paper, foil or clingfilm. We used a rectangular pie tray, but a medium traybake tin would work (approx 10 x 7 inch) - it needs fairly high sides.
2. Measure the Rice Krispies into a large mixing bowl.
3. Put the honey and peanut butter in a separate microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. It needs to be fairly runny and loose so that it will coat the cereal.
4. Pour the honey/peanut butter mixture over the Rice Krispies and mix really well, adding a tiny bit of salt if using. Make sure that everything is covered and no dry cereal remains.
5. Put the mixture into the tray and use the back of a large spoon to press it down and make sure it's all stuck together.
6. Melt the chocolate in a microwave according to your microwave's instructions. until very smooth. Pour on top of the Rice Krispie mixture and spread so the top is totally covered. Make a pretty pattern if you like, or even decorate with sprinkles or sweets.
7. Put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until set, then cut into squares.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.