These chocolate button muffins are really tasty and a doddle to make. Just try not to eat all the buttons before they hit the bowl...
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 120g milk chocolate buttons (we used the big ones, broken up)
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/180c (fan)/gas mark 6.
2. Line a tray with 12 muffin cases.
3. In a large mixing bowl, put the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, sugar and chocolate. Stir.
4. To the same bowl, add all of the wet ingredients: eggs, yoghurt, melted butter and vanilla.
5. Mix all of the ingredients together until combined and there's no flour visible, but don't over-stir.
6. Fill the muffin cases equally.
7. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes until they're risen and gold on top. Keep an eye on the oven as the timings will vary. Allow to cool on a rack or eat while warm.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.