This is a failsafe pancake/drop scone recipe that's really tasty and gets fruit into your family at the same time. If they're not keen on cooked blueberries (why not?), just add the blueberries directly into the pancake mix as it cooks rather than adding them to the bowl. This recipe makes around 15 decent sized fluffy pancakes.
- 250g self-raising flour (all white, or half white, half wholemeal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 25g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 50g unsalted butter
- 275ml milk
- 200g blueberries
1. Melt the butter in a small pan.
2. Add the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir, then add all the remaining ingredients including the melted butter (you can add the blueberries now or when you are cooking the pancakes). Mix well with a wooden spoon or whisk until it becomes a smooth batter.
3. Heat a knob of butter gently in a frying pan, then add a ladle of batter for each pancake (as a guide, we can fit three pancakes at a time in our pan). Cook on both sides until cooked through and then remove from the pan. Keep warm in a dish or serve straight away Continue until you have used all the mixture.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.