Another lockdown calls for another banana bread recipe, and this is our go-to dairy-free version. We use this one if we've run out of butter/yoghurt or we have a vegan/dairy intolerant guest coming over. It's just as good as our dairy-full one and a great way to use up old bananas.
- 225g plain flour
- 80g light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 old ripe bananas, mashed
- 75ml vegetable/sunflower oil
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of mixed spice
- A few chopped dates (optional)
- Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6. Line a 2lb loaf tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the bananas, oil and sugar and mix well.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for around 40 minutes. It should be risen and golden on top.
5. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
The best of York and beyond for families, Straight to your inbox every week.