Summer at York Minster
There’s lots going on this summer for families at York Minster:
- – New trails – Keep little brains busy over the summer holidays with York Minster’s brand-new free trails: Maths Quest, Light Quest and Nature Quest. Look for shapes, patterns, colours and creatures as you journey around York Minster.
- – Free nature tours – Identify leaves and flowers in the sensory garden, find out how the Minster is helping hedgehogs and listen out for the resident Peregrine Falcons with the Learning and Gardening teams.
- – Little Explorer Backpacks can be borrowed for free from the welcome desks and are packed with gadgets to help young adventurers explore the Minster.
- – Get hands-on in the Undercroft Museum – See the remains of an original Roman barracks through glass floors beneath the Minster. Touch archaeological remains uncovered over the centuries, including objects from our Viking past and use our interactive, digital displays to explore nearly 2,000 years of history at the site.
- – Majesty: Monarchy and York Minster – Show off your best royal wave as you pose for a majestic photograph wearing regal robes with a soft-toy corgi in our new exhibition celebrating York Minster’s royal collections and connections.
Entry to York Minster is free for children and York residents with valid proof of address. Visit the website for more details