We’re spoilt for choice when it comes to places to eat in York but, as every parent knows, eating out can be expensive (that’s why we make SO many picnics). Well, York Restaurant Week is coming to the rescue for the second time, with a week of deals on dining out.
Whether you want to book a babysitter and enjoy dinner for two (try not to fall asleep in your spaghetti) or use the opportunity to take your children to eat somewhere you wouldn’t normally try, there should be a deal that appeals to everyone.
When is York Restaurant Week 2020?
Now in its second year, York Restaurant Week takes place from Monday 2nd to Sunday 8th March 2020. There are over 60 restaurants and cafes taking part, with deals priced at £5, £10, £15 and £20.
How does York Restaurant Week work?
You need to download vouchers from the York Restaurant Week website for your chosen deal or deals. The voucher will be sent to your email address. Ring ahead and book a table, then just remember to take the voucher along with you.
Which restaurants are taking part?
There’s a whole host of restaurants and cafes taking part in York Restaurant Week, but here are some of our family-friendly and grown-up favourites and their deals:
- – Fancy Hanks Bar & Kitchen – Classic mac’n’cheese for £5; 2 for £10 cocktails; cheeseburger and beer £10
- – Ask Italian – Three courses for £15
- – Lucia – Two drinks and two main courses for 320
- – The Cosy Club – Two courses for £10
- – Pairings – Three meats/cheese and a small house wine/beer/soft drink £10
- – Wagamama – Three courses for £15
- – Ambiente Tapas – Three tapas for £10
- – Double Dutch Pancake House – Sweet pancake and a drink £5
- The Dark Horse Espresso Bar – Two small coffees – and plain anzacs £5; toastie, crisps, coffee and cake £10
How do I find out more?
Visit the York Restaurant Week website for the details of all the restaurants taking part and all the deals. Then all that’s left is to download your vouchers and get booking. Bon appetit!