The much-loved children’s theatre company, tutti frutti, is back at York Theatre Royal in September with a new of the classic Aesop’s fable, The Boy Who Cried Wolf, that’s suitable for families and children 3+.
This is the story of a bother of a boy, a mithered mother and a grand old brass band of a granddad. It’s all set in the village of knitters with fingers flicking, needles clicking and a place where every new jumper tells a tale! Inspired by the famous Aesop fable, this wonderful play has a gifted ensemble of actor-musicians who play the endearing characters, the hilarious sheep and perhaps a scary wolf or two!
Director Wendy Harris says: “This is a universal story of a boy unsure of where he fits in or unsure of what he wants to do, set against the backdrop of tradition and expectation. We love to laugh at the sheep and be a bit scared of the wolves who live high on the mountain’s edge. We identify with our daydreamer boy who can’t resist a little fib to brighten up his day.
A blizzard blows in the story of a boy;
One cold, one wet, one snowy.
This is a story of three long winters,
Of villagers, sheep and,
the best knitted jumper competition.
This autumn join Silas,
A broth of a boy,
A bish bash wallop of a boy,
A boy who couldn’t help himself,
A boy who cries Wolf!!
Win a family ticket to The Boy Who Cried Wolf at York Theatre Royal
We’ve teamed up with our friends at York Theatre Royal to give one lucky family the chance to win a family ticket to see The Boy Who Cried Wolf. You can enter in any or all of the following ways.
- Visit our Facebook page, like and share the post about this competition (and be sure you’ve liked our page too, or your entry won’t count as the competition is only open to followers of the Little Vikings page)
- Join our Facebook Group and like the competition post within the group
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet the tweet about this competition
- Follow us on Instagram and comment ‘Wolf’ on our latest image
The small print
- The prize: Family ticket of 4 (max two adults) for the opening performance on Thursday 26th September 2019 at 1.30pm.
- Prize only valid for the advertised date, no cash exchanges and full terms and conditions apply at yorktheatreroyal.co.uk