Syd’s favourite person in the whole wide world is Grandad, and Grandad’s favourite person is Syd. Join this intrepid duo as they head off on a heartwarming adventure filled with songs, laughter and jungles, that will change their lives forever. Benji Davies’s award-winning book, Grandad’s Island, covers themes of love and loss and is brought magically and sensitively to life on stage by the team behind Flat Stanley and Red Riding Hood. We saw it last year and thought it was lovely. Grandad’s Island runs at York Theatre Royal from Tuesday 26th February to Saturday 2nd March 2019; performances 11am and 1.30pm (6pm Friday only); running time 50 minutes and no interval. Visit the York Theatre Royal website for more details and to book.
Win a family ticket!
We’ve teamed up with our friends at York Theatre Royal to offer one lucky family a ticket to see Grandad’s Island. You can enter in any or all of the following ways:
- Visit our Facebook page, like and share the post about this competition (and be sure you’ve liked our page too, or your entry won’t count as the competition is only open to followers of the Little Vikings page)
- Join our Facebook Group and like the competition post within the group.
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet the tweet about this competition
- Follow us on Instagram and comment ‘Grandad’ on our latest image
The small print
- Competition: Family ticket of 4 (max two adults) for the opening performance on Tuesday 26 February 2019 at 11am
- Prize only valid for the advertised date, no cash exchanges and full terms and conditions apply at yorktheatreroyal.co.uk