We’ve got an exciting opportunity for you to win a beautiful French antique mirror from The French House, York. The French House York is celebrating 25 years of trading with an event at their showroom on North Lane Huntington on Saturday 25th May. 2019 The team invite you to join them from 10am till 4pm on the 25th May, where customers will receive discounted prices matching those of 25 years ago and a glass of Sancerre!
The French House began trading in 1994 from a warehouse north of York. Realising the demand for their French finds, father Stephen and son Marcus Hazell opened their first shop on Micklegate in 1997, followed by showrooms in London. They boast one of the largest ranges of French antiques in the UK, including a large selection of beds, mirrors, lights, tables ranging from 17th to 20th Century available to view in-store and by appointment in their warehouse.
The French House team, which also includes daughter Caitlin and Stephen’s wife Kathryn, pride themselves on giving a bespoke and unique service. They can adapt and restore pieces to fit with your style and needs. With a host of highly skilled tradespeople available to adapt the old into the modern home. “That’s a service we offer that others don’t. If a table is too long, we can cut it down, we French polish, upholster and we deliver and install, which people appreciate, especially if it’s a huge mirror,” says Kathryn. Visit the French House website for more information.
Win a beautiful antique mirror!
In the spirit of celebration, this local family business with a French connection is offering a choice of two mirrors to suit your taste and style for one lucky family. You can choose from one of these two very tempting options:
Option 1: 1800’s Tassel mirror – This early 1800’s water gilded mirror is decorated with carved wooden tassels. Due to its age it also has lovely colour and wear. This rare and unusual mirror is a little bit wonky, which we think adds to its charm! (Value £280)
Option 2: Oval LXVI style mirror – Circa 1900 oval mirror with new mirror glass. This is a classic Louis XVI with motifs of floral wreaths and crossed torches. (Value £260)
You can enter the competition in any or all of the following ways:
- Visit our Facebook page, like and share the post about this competition (and be sure you’ve liked our page too, or your entry won’t count as the competition is only open to followers of the Little Vikings page)
- Join our Facebook Group and like the competition post within the group
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet the tweet about this competition
- Follow us on Instagram and comment ‘The French House’ on our latest image
- Email us at
The small print
- The prize: A choice of one of the mirrors pictured.
- Delivery can be arranged within the York area.
- Prize must be claimed by 31 July 2019
- Please note: Both mirrors are antique, therefore not in perfect condition.