You can’t beat a good summer fair for a feelgood family outing. The more coconut shies, tombolas and cake stalls, the better. There are a few lovely events coming up in York this weekend, and this is our pick:
- Free entry to York Castle Museum, the Yorkshire Museum and York Art Gallery: These fab York museums are throwing open their doors for free to York residents this Saturday and Sunday. Find out more here.
- West Bank Park Summer Fair: This popular family event in lovely West Bank Park is always great fun. Expect brass bands, miniature railway, bouncy slides, spinning teacups, craft tent, puppet show, refreshments and a games arena with giant Connect 4 and more. Sunday 26th June, 1pm to 4pm, West Bank Park, Holgate, York YO24 4NS, more info here
- Appleton Roebuck Scarecrow Weekend: There’s something lovable about scarecrows, so why not head out to Appleton Roebuck and go on the trail of the many men/women/creatures of straw? This year’s theme is Team GB, with characters from books, film and TV with an Olympic twist. Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June, 10am to 4pm, Appleton Roebuck, more info here.
- Archbishop of York’s CE Junior School (AYJS) Scarecrow Weekend: Those poor old crows must be terrified, with another scarecrow event to enjoy this weekend. Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June, 10am to 4pm, AYJS Bishopthorpe, more info here.
- Summer Sounds in the Park: Head to Rowntree Park on Saturday afternoon from 12 noon to 5pm to hear students from York College Music Department showcase their skills with a mix of classical, jazz, rock and pop music. More info here.