If you’ve subscribed to our weekly digital newsletter – hooray! – you’ve already got the inside track on what’s happening this weekend that your kids might enjoy. If not, here’s our pick. If you’d like ideas for the weekend sent straight to your inbox every week, subscribe through our Facebook page or the homepage of our website.
– Illuminating York (Mostly free) Runs until Saturday 29th October. Our kids particularly loved the skipping girl in King’s Square, watching Clifford’s Tower change colour and spotting the bunnies on the Bunny Trail (pick up a trail card from the Visit York Information Centre) More details here.
– City Screen Kids’ Club This week’s film is Hotel Transylvania. Spooky. The film starts at 11am on Saturday 29th October.
– Kaboom Firework Party at Castle Howard on Saturday 29th October. More details in our guide to the best places to see fireworks.
– LIttle Diggers Halloween Fun for 2 to 5 year olds at DIG on Saturday 29th October. More details here.
– Hubbub: A Musical Adventure at the National Centre for Early Music. A musical journey for kids aged 4+ on Sunday 30th October. More details here.
– Halloween at Barley Hall A family-friendly Halloween event at the Hall. More details here
– YUMI Halloween Fundraiser With a chance to pick the family’s pumpkin from the patch! Saturday 29th. More details here.
– Pumpple Festival Lots of autumnal fun like apple-bobbing at Brunswick Nursery. Sunday 30th October, more details here
– Spooks and Spells (Free) Free family activities at York Theatre Royal on Sunday 30th October. More details here.
Whatever you get up to, have a good one!