There are a few fun things going on in York for kids this weekend, especially if you’ve got a budding stage star in your house. Here’s our pick of what’s happening:
- Bulb planting at Beningbrough Hall Every weekend in September, head to Beningbrough Hall to help plant 300,000 bulbs in its 300th birthday year. Every weekend in September – normal admission price (free for National Trust members) – equipment and bulbs provided! More info here
- City Screen Kids’ Club This week’s film is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It starts at 11.15am on Saturday 17th.
- Poppleton Scarecrow Trail Hunt out the scarecrows of Poppleton at their first ever scarecrow trail on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th September. More details here.
- Auditions for Annie Got a budding stage star in your midst? Take them along to this open audition. More details here.
- Auditions for the York Theatre Royal pantomime Continuing the audition theme, there are open auditions for 8 to 11 year olds at York Theatre Royal on Saturday. More details on their Facebook page.
PS . If you want weekend ideas every week, straight to your inbox, sign up for the Little Vikings newsletter!