Looking for something to do in York this weekend with your kids? Here’s some inspiration (and if you sign up to our weekly digital newsletter – through our Facebook page or website homepage – you’ll get this straight to your inbox each week!).
- It’s Family Weekend at York Christmas Festival, with some fun goings-on in the city centre including street entertainers and face painters. More details here.
- Christmas at Castle Howard continues on Saturday and Sunday. More details here
- Father Christmas comes to Shambles Market this Saturday and Sunday (and beyond). Visit the fantastic York’s Chocolate Story Grotto for a great festive experience. We went last year and loved it. No need to book. More details here.
- Join the Christmas Mystery Trail at York Castle Museum: follow the trail to meet Father Christmas. Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December (and beyond), £5 per child (plus admission). More info here.
- ParaNorman is showing at City Screen Kids’ Club this Saturday 3rd December at 11.15am
- Yorkshire’s Winter Wonderland continues for skating, fairground rides and more. More details here and you can read our review here so you know what to expect
- Scarcroft School Christmas Fair promises lots of festive fun for the whole family. It’s on Saturday 3rd December from 2.30pm to 5.30pm. More details here
- Santa comes to Holgate Windmill on Saturday and Sunday 3rd & 4th December. No need to book, just turn up. More details here.
- Etsy Made Local Christmas Market is on at the Hilton Hotel (1 Tower Street, York YO1 9WD) from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 3rd December. Browse and buy lots of lovely things made by uber-talented local makers. Not strictly for kids, but you might be able to pick up a nice present or two for them.
Have you checked out our guide to the Santa’s Grottos in York yet? And if you’re thinking of seeing a show in York this Christmas, here’s our pick of the best. Have a good one!