Live music is back! Sit back and enjoy listening to a range of brilliant bands from your own designated, socially-distanced picnic patch with Sounds in the Grounds this summer. Popping up in spectacular venues across Yorkshire this summer, including York Racecourse and Scampston Hall, it’s a safe, hassle-free and fun way to spend the evening together.
Following its acclaimed debut last summer, Sounds in the Grounds returns in 2021 with a new line-up of seven best-loved bands performing at nine live picnic concerts across three stunning venues: Scampston Hall near Malton (11-13 June 2021), York Racecourse (25-27 June 2021) and Ripley Castle near Harrogate (20-22 August 2021). Audiences can pre-select their picnic patch (available for 2, 4 or 6 people) and avoid the usual rush for a space. The patches will be socially-distanced from others but close enough to share the fun, and all concerts will conform to prevailing Covid-19 guidance.
In fully staged productions with LED screens, here’s what you can choose from with Sounds in the Grounds this year:
· The Definitive Rat Pack – an uncannily accurate recreation of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr in a sublime evening of swing
· One Night of Tina – a spectacular rock ‘n’ rollercoaster ride through four decades of the legendary Tina Turner’s greatest hits
· Killer Queen – the iconic songs and showmanship of one of the greatest ever rock bands are recreated with such electrifying precision you’ll have to pinch yourself!
· Beyond the Barricade – past principals from Les Miserables perform showstoppers from the world’s greatest musicals
· ABBA Mania – from London’s West End to Las Vegas, the world’s number one touring ABBA tribute with platforms, flares and all your favourites
· A Country Night in Nashville – enjoy a true celebration of country music, with hits from its biggest stars both past and present
· New York Brass Band – York’s very own and a Glastonbury favourite will get the party started as the support act to each concert.