What is Wolds Way Lavender?
It’s a family-run lavender farm bursting with numerous varieties of lavender and herbs. During the summer months, the air is full of the wonderful fragrances.
Where is it?
On the edge of the pretty Yorkshire Wolds, Wolds Way Lavender is around half an hour from York and easily accessed from the A64 (summer traffic permitting). Surrounded by woodland, you’re greeted by buzzing bees and chattering birds. Hayfever sufferers, you’re going to need your antihistamines! We certainly did.
What’s in it for kids at Wolds Way Lavender?
There’s plenty for children to do: our kids loved the giant willow maze where they got stuck into lots of garden games, from giant chess to quoits, Connect 4 to hopscotch and more. There’s a good play area, giant sandpit and kitchen and even footgolf, which was a big hit with our whole family. You can splash out on tickets for the little narrow gauge railway, too, to see the site from the rails. It’s a nice, relaxing place to visit and has enough for children to do that they won’t complain about being bored.
Good to know
There’s a brand new tearoom on site where you can even get stuck into lavender scones! Wolds Way Lavender is just across the road from Scampston Walled Garden, so you could combine visits to both like we did.
Updated: What’s open in 2020
As well as the 12-acre lavender and nature farm, here’s what will be open at Wolds Way for you to enjoy during summer 2020. Note that tickets must be pre-booked:
– Woldie’s Bird Hide (New for 2020)
– Woldie’s Butterfly Count (New For 2020)
– Woldie’s Insect Orienteering (New for 2020)
– All children will receive a Woldie Willow activity sheet (new for 2020)
– Willow Maze (Over 1 mile long if you go wrong!)
– Some of the giant games within the maze
– Replaced any games unavailable with puzzles and riddles
– Woodland walk (1/2 mile long)
– Den Zone
– Willow Warren Tunnels
– Mini football golf
– Football pool
– Nature ponds
– Giant Bee Hive
– Herb garden
– Physic garden
– Wildflower walk
– Dogs welcome
– Plant Sales, Wolds Way Lavender gift shop, takeaway drinks, snacks and ice creams
– Beautiful lavender displays!