Are you ready for a bunch of hocus pocus at Mother Shipton’s this Halloween? Broomsticks and wands at the ready – you’re in for a treat! Muggles of all ages are invited on a spellbinding adventure, with witches flying through the trees, giant spiders, ghosts and creepy skeletons lurking around every corner.
Venture deep into the spooky forest in Knaresborough, on the banks of the Nidd, where a world-famous Prophetess was said to have been born during a terrifying thunderstorm. You may hear the cackle of old souls wandering the ancient woodland or feel a shiver down your spine as you step into the Haunted Halloween Village (but don’t worry, this is a firmly family-friendly experience!).
There’s frightful fun to be had with photo opportunities and fancy dress competitions, too. Dressing up is encouraged: share your photos and creative costumes on social media using the hashtag #mothershiptons to be in with the chance of winning petrifying prizes and tickets.
Don’t miss the famous Petrifying Well that turns items to stone as if by magic, too. Make a wish in the Wicked wishing well and warm up with ghoulishly good refreshments and hot drinks served from the vintage-style coffee kiosk. There are scenic picnic areas with riverside views, an adventure playground (if the weather’s okay), and a museum with petrified celebrity items.
Win a family ticket to Halloween at Mother Shiptons!
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Mother Shipton’s to offer one lucky family the chance to experience Hocus Pocus for themselves. You can enter in any or all of the following ways:
– Follow us on Instagram, like the post about this competition, tag a friend and comment ‘done’. For an extra entry, share to your Stories.
– Visit our Facebook page, like the post about this competition and comment ‘win’.
– Visit our Facebook group and comment ‘win’ on the post about this competition
– Follow us on Twitter and retweet the tweet about this competition
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and postcode
The competition closes at midnight on 16th October 2022 and the winner will be notified shortly thereafter.
The small print
– The prize is as described above
– Not transferable and no cash alternative
– One winner will be chosen at random from across our platforms and notified as to how they can redeem their prize