If you’ve got a dinosaur fan or two in your house, we’ve got great news: the dinosaurs are coming to York! Head to the Yorkshire Museum from Saturday March 24th 2018 to discover the world of Jurassic Yorkshire at this major, not-to-be-missed exhibition (that will be opened by Sir David Attenborough, no less!). Yorkshire’s Jurassic World will combine significant collections and the latest technology to transport visitors back to the deep seas, tropical reefs and dinosaur country 150 million years ago.
Highlights will include:
- Seeing virtual dinosaurs roaming across real dinosaur footprints
- Seeing fossilised sea dragons brought to life through augmented reality
- Watching baby ichthyosaurs ‘swim’ off from a rare fossil of embryonic creatures found on the Yorkshire Coast
- Feeding a sauropod lunch in a Virtual Reality experience that shows how Yorkshire’s largest dinosaur may have looked
- Marvel at the size and ferocity of the teeth and claws of Yorkshire’s top Jurassic predator – the Megalosaur
The exhibition will be divided into four sections: discovery, coral seas, deep oceans and dinosaur country. One for dinosaur fans young and old, this is one of our must-see events in York this year.