Come down and enjoy the relaxed vibe of a community party in the lovely green setting of Rowntree Park, 11 - 4pm on Sunday 26 May! The party will launch
Come down and enjoy the relaxed vibe of a community party in the lovely green setting of Rowntree Park, 11 – 4pm on Sunday 26 May! The party will launch the Walk Cycle Festival 2019 – a celebration of the magic of York’s walking, cycling lifestyle with a week of creative rides and walks, social events and workshops.
Sit under the marquee, or bring a blanket to lounge on the grass, and soak up the party atmosphere with music from the Arts Barge Project’s community Bargestra orchestra.
Enjoy a range of activities, including:
– Have your bike checked for free by Dr Bike from Ey Up Cycling
– Get your young ones cycling confident with fun activities from Go Get Riding in their popular “Freestyle Track”
– Have your bike security marked by the community police (11am – 3pm)
– Find out more about local walking, cycling and sustainable living at the shared information table. i-Travel York will be there.
– Experience the new Park Labyrinth …
– Meet and enjoy the company of friendly folk!
Refreshments available too. Try coffee and other hot drinks from “Coffee on a Bike” or food and cake from York’s exciting new enterprise “Bistro on a Bike”. All free. Family friendly. Everyone welcome!There is limited car parking at Rowntree Park, but loads of cycle parking, so please walk, cycle or take public transport to the Park – in the spirit of the event! :). The full programme of Walk Cycle Festival events is at https://yorkbikebelles.community/walkcyclefestival2019
(Sunday) 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Terry Avenue, York, YO23 1JQ