Spooky Sewerby returns to Sewerby Hall and Gardens this October half-term! From Saturday 22nd to Sunday 30th October, visit Sewerby’s spooky gardens every day between 10 am and 3.30pm and you might just meet some creepy characters. Ghoulishly good activities include:
- – Sunday 23rd October – Wildcats: A Dark and Stormy Night – A spooky outdoor
session to explore darkness, storms and night-time creatures
- – Monday 24th October – Rusticus Adventures: Frightful Fairy Tales! An outdoor family-friendly visit to the world of the Brothers Grimm. Join the witch-finders in an adventure with witches, trolls, and a big bad wolf (11.30am to 3pm)
- – Tuesday 25th October – Rusticus Lantern Making Workshop- Join the jolly foresters, as they share the secrets of withy lantern making (11am-3pm; pre-book)
- – Wednesday 26th October – Spooky Magic Day and face painting – Meet Professor Bubbles for spooky magic shows and have your face painted! Pre-booking is advised for face painting in the Orangery.
- – Thursday 27th October – Rusticus Outdoor Wizarding Adventure – Archwizard Fumblefoot has called a wizard gathering. A chance to conjure, do magic and ward off a dragon attack
- – Friday 28th October – Wildcats Witchery – Create a mini witches’ grotto, decorate a witch’s hat and make a wand
- – Friday 28th October – Join the creepy crew in the Orangery to make a trick-or-treat bag to take away and have a go at stirring the magic potion and casting a spell. There will be a Halloween trail, too. Craft sessions are run on a drop-in basis between 11.30 am and 3 pm.
- – Sunday, 30 October – What goes Bump in the Night – Brew up Halloween games with the Wildcats in this outdoor event (11 am to 3 pm).