If you’ve got a budding junior masterchef in your midst, you could make their half term by booking them onto a course at York Cookery School. The Cookery School, based out at Clifton Moor, has created a selection of courses aimed at amateur cooks from the age of eight upwards. Workshops run for three hours under the guidance of experienced instructors, and the little chefs will have the chance to create some delicious dishes like pumpkin soup and tiramisu. Here’s hoping they’ll then start practising their new-found skills at home. If you fancy learning together, there’s also a parent and child bread and pizza workshop. The half term dates are:
- 30 October 2013 – 10.30am to 1.30pm – Parent & Child Bread & Pizza Workshop
- 31 October 2013 – 9.30am to 12.30pm – Junior Chefs Workshop (8-12 yr olds)
- 31 October 2013 – 1.30pm to 4.30pm – Young Chefs Workshop (13-17yr olds)
- 01 November 2013 – 9.30am to 12.30pm – Junior Chefs Workshop (8-12 yr olds)
- 01 November 2013 – 1.30pm to 4.30pm – Young Chefs Workshop (13-17yr olds)
York Cookery School, York Eco Business Centre, Amy Johnson Way, Clifton Moor, York YO30 4AG; for more information and to book, visit the website.