It’s little wonder that York has been crowned Britain’s Most Festive City when you take a look at what’s on offer over the festive season. With Santa’s Grottos, unique Christmas experiences, markets, pantos and more, there’s a huge amount to see and do. And this year the plans are even bigger and sparklier. We’ll be bringing you our pick of the best things to to in York this Christmas for families in more detail, and in the meantime here’s a few highlights of what you’ve got to look forward to (diaries at the ready!):
- A new Santa’s Grotto in Coppergate, run by Stockeld Park
- York lights switch-on by Berwick Kaler (15th November)
- The Grand Old Dame of York, Berwick Kaler’s 40th panto at York Theatre Royal
- Newly revamped Thor’s Tipi (15th November to 1st January)
- The return of the Little Vikings Award-winning Victorian Christmas at York Castle Museum
- Twelve Days of Christmas, a festive extravaganza at Castle Howard
- The return of Yorkshire’s Winter Wonderland, your only chance to ice skate in York
- More places to see Father Christmas than ever – keep an eye out for our handy guide to the grottos!
The ever-popular Ice Trail isn’t happening in December, but fear not – it’s just moved to February and will give us all something to enjoy once the Christmas decorations are back in the attic. Keep an eye on the Little Vikings website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the best of York for kids this Christmas.