Make this Father’s Day one to remember with a day full of special bushcraft activities at Beningbrough Hall. There’s a variety of FREE things to do, from drop-in activities to longer, pre-bookable ones. Head over to the American Garden to light a fire or bake some damper bread using pre-historic methods, gather round the campfire and learn how to prepare a rainbow trout using an ancient technique from Canada. Here are the activities on offer:
- 11am – Primitive fire lighting – using the bow drill
- 12pm – Campfire cooking – making damper bread
- 1pm – Fish cooking demonstration: The Canadian Fish Flag method
- 2pm – Primitive fire lighting – using the bow drill
- 3pm – Campfire cooking – making damper bread
- Throughout the day – decorate a wooden coaster with twine
Dads (and children over 18 years old) can finish off the day with a sample of beer or two from Treboom Brewery, one of the local suppliers to the shop. Beer-illiant.
For the non-drop-in activities (fire lighting and campfire cooking), numbers are limited. Please call Beningbrough Hall to book on 01904 472014.