If the thought of taking your children for afternoon tea fills you with dread – the noise! the crumbs! – consider this: a child is never quieter than in the presence of cake. So imagine just how compliant they are when they’re faced with three tiers of baked goodies!
The Grand, York, is one of York’s finest hotels, and their afternoon tea is really something special (here’s our review of their festive afternoon tea to give you an idea). Awarded ‘Best Afternoon Tea’ by 2022 Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence, it’s ideal for a celebration or family treat. Presented on a silver stand, the elaborate tower of savoury and sweet treats is a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds. If you’re lucky, you’ll even have some left to take home in a fancy box too.
The Grand’s afternoon tea takes place in The Rise restaurant, and there are optional prosecco, champagne and gin and tonic upgrades. Their children’s afternoon tea is really fun, with tasty fuss-free sandwiches, freshly made scones and gorgeous cakes – we tried it a few years ago and our kids still talk about it.
Win a family afternoon tea (and a special offer)
Little Vikings Family Card offer – Children enjoy complimentary mocktails at The Grand, York, this summer with afternoon tea. Find out more here.
Afternoon tea giveaway – We’ve teamed up with our friends at The Grand, York to offer one lucky family the opportunity to enjoy afternoon tea for four at The Rise! The prize is afternoon tea for two adults and two children, to be taken by the end of November 2022. You can enter in any or all of the following ways:
– Follow us on Instagram, like the post about this competition, tag a friend and comment ‘done’. For an extra entry, share to your Stories.
– Visit our Facebook page, like the post about this competition and comment ‘win’. You’ll need to like/follow the Little Vikings page to be eligible to win, too.
– Visit our Facebook group and comment ‘win’ on the post about this competition
– Follow us on Twitter and retweet the tweet about this competition
– Email email@example.com with your name and postcode
The competition closes at midnight on 31st July 2022 and the winner will be notified shortly thereafter.
The small print
– The prize is as described above
– Not transferable and no cash alternative
– One winner will be chosen at random from across our platforms and notified as to how they can redeem their prize